What to Expect in Worship
We hold full services the first and third Sunday of each month. These include many of the features listed below. In addition, we offer simplified services, every second, fourth, and sometimes fifth Sunday. These gatherings are less formal and offer more time to explore one topic in depth together.
Elements of typical Full worship services (every first and third Sunday):
- Words of welcome
- Lighting a flaming chalice, the symbol of our faith
- A multigenerational segment, such as a “story for all ages”
- Music, both instrumental and vocal and in a variety of styles
- A time for lifting up the joys and concerns of the congregation
- A meditation or prayer
- Readings—ancient or contemporary
- A sermon given by a professional minister, a guest speaker, or a member of the congregation
- An offering, collecting financial donations for the congregation or for justice work in the community.
From time to time, worships incorporate holiday celebrations, multigenerational plays and pageants, longer musical performances, child dedications, and coming-of-age ceremonies. We offer childcare and learning programs for children and youth during the full Sunday services during the school year. For Simplified Services and in the summer, we offer child care. Older children attend the services with their family.
For more information, contact email@example.com